The third season of Cobra Kai was confirmed in May 2019, and it was released on January 1, 2021 on Netflix. It has a total of 10 episodes.
The series faced delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic and YouTube relinquishing the series, but in June 2020, it was announced that the series would be moving to Netflix, with the first two seasons later becoming available on the streaming service.
In late August 2020, Netflix revealed that season three was scheduled for a release in 2021. On October 2, 2020, it was revealed that Season 3 would premiere on January 8, 2021; this date was eventually changed to January 1. Along with the date announcements, the fourth season was also confirmed to be in the works.
Realizing their rivalry went too far, Daniel will team up with Johnny to mend the tension between the students. However, as Daniel’s car dealership begins to tank, he must return to Okinawa, Japan to promote his business. While there, he reunites with his old fling Kumiko, and ex-rival Chozen Toguchi. While Daniel and Chozen trade karate techniques, Johnny helps Miguel regain his strength after coming out of his coma. With Daniel and Johnny occupied, the students of Cobra Kai Dojo grow stronger and more violent as they more faithfully follow their merciless sensei, John Kreese.
- Ralph Macchio as Daniel LaRusso
- William Zabka as Johnny Lawrence
- Martin Kove as John Kreese
- Courtney Henggeler as Amanda LaRusso
- Xolo Maridueña as Miguel Diaz
- Tanner Buchanan as Robby Keene
- Mary Mouser as Samantha LaRusso
- Jacob Bertrand as Eli Moskowitz
- Gianni Decenzo as Demetri
- Peyton List as Tory Nichols
- Khalil Everage as Chris
- Aedin Mincks as Mitch
- Vanessa Rubio as Carmen Diaz
- Rosa Bianco as Rosa Diaz
- Joe Seo as Kyler
- Bo Mitchell as Brucks
- Nate Oh as Nathaniel
- Owen Morgan as Bert
- Griffin Santopietro as Anthony LaRusso
- Susan Gallagher as Lynn
- Annalisa Cochrane as Yasmine
- Dan Ahdoot as Anoush
- Bret Ernst as Louie LaRusso, Jr.
- Ron Thomas as Bobby Brown
- Barett Carnahan as young John Kreese
- Nick Marini as young Terry Silver
- Hannah Kepple as Moon
Special Guest Cast
- Yuji Okumoto as Chozen Toguchi
- Tamlyn Tomita as Kumiko
- Traci Toguchi as Yuna
- Elisabeth Shue as Ali Mills
- "Nature Vs Nurture"
- "Now You're Gonna Pay"
- "The Right Path"
- "King Cobra"
- "The Good, The Bad, and The Badass"
- "Feel The Night"
- "December 19"
- Along with this announcement, John Hurwitz announced that he has stories for six seasons worth of Cobra Kai, meaning that, if the show should continue getting renewed, Cobra Kai will run for at least six seasons.
- A possible redemption was to be expected for John Kreese.
- Eventually, several episodes featured flashbacks to Kreese's time in Vietnam.
- Season 3 explored the origins of the dojos as they returned to Okinawa with characters from Karate Kid 2 making an appearance.
- Ralph Macchio (Daniel LaRusso) confirmed that Daniel is going to Okinawa for his car dealership business. The two episodes featured in Okinawa were episodes four and five.
- As announced on social media from Nichole Brown, portraying Aisha, did not return Season 3 as her character was unable to fit within the plotline of the story.
- Xolo Maridueña (Miguel Diaz) posted a story on Instagram that confirmed Kyler returned for Season 3.
- Two YouTube Videos revealed the first episode titles, seen on the pictured scripts.
- Elisabeth Shue reprised her iconic Karate Kid role as Ali Mills.
- Several characters from Season 1 returned.
- The teaser was released on October 2nd, and revealed multiple (and darker) plot points.
- On December 7th, several promotional photos were released for the season.
- On December 25, 2020, Netflix announces they had pushed back the release date for Season 3, changing it from January 8, to January 1 as a Christmas present. It was marketed as if it was Johnny Lawrence’s idea.
- The season picks up two weeks after the finale of the second season.
- COBRA KAI: Aisha FIRED From SERIES (WON'T BE IN SEASON 3 CONFIRMED)
- Cobra Kai Season 3 First Look | Predictions | Spoiler-ish
- Cobra Kai Season 3: Episode 2 Title Unlocked | Spoiler-ish