- "I started Cobra Kai with one nerd. This is a step up. And if we're gonna be taken seriously, we need a name that commands respect. A name that elicits power and dominance. Cobras are strong. They may be king of the jungle, but the world's more than just a jungle. And there's only one animal... that can kill a snake."
- ―Johnny Lawrence[src]
Eagle Fang Karate is a karate dojo established by Johnny Lawrence after losing Cobra Kai to John Kreese. Several former Cobra Kai students joined the dojo following their dismissal from Cobra Kai. Eagle Fang Karate ultimately merged with Miyagi-Do Karate during training for a tournament against Kreese.
When Johnny Lawrence loses his ownership of Cobra Kai by John Kreese, he decides to start a new dojo to rectify the mistakes he made with his former students. Miguel Diaz was the first student to join followed by Bert, Mitch and numerous other students. Without a dojo, Johnny decided to host classes in the park and chose an Eagle as their mascot as it's the only animal that can destroy a Cobra.
Johnny Lawrence opens Eagle Fang Karate as an alternative for Cobra Kai students who are still loyal to his methods of teaching. He struggles to find a name that has the same level of badass connotations as Cobra Kai, and enlists the help of his star student Miguel Diaz. Though their efforts are immense, they are unable to agree on a name. Johnny rallies the remaining Cobra Kai students and convinces them to try his new dojo, which he ultimately opens in a park due to a lack of funds. When the students gather for lessons, Johnny tosses them t-shirts that reveal the name of his new dojo - Eagle Fang Karate. He brushes off everyone's claims that eagle's don't have fangs, and refuses to change the name or consider a new one. Johnny begins his student's training, helping them to learn that mercy is acceptable.
On one night, when Johnny is at a party, Miyagi-Do Karate and Eagle Fang form a truce in order to defeat Cobra Kai, and the two dojos defeat the Cobra Kai's when they enter Sam's house and attack them. After the party, Johnny learns about the fight and confronts his former sensei and current John Kreese. Kreese wages that the competing three dojos - Eagle Fang, Cobra Kai, and Miyagi-Do Karate - settle their feud at the upcoming All Valley Karate Tournament. Kreese proposes that the loser of the tournament will leave the valley for good, while the winner(s) are free to operate their dojos undisturbed. Johnny and Daniel agree to the terms, and merge their respective dojos for the sake of training.
After Lawrence and LaRusso's fight against John Kreese, as well as Robby Keene joining with Kreese, Lawrence eventually joins Miyagi-Do, along with his students and Hawk, becoming his co-sensei with LaRusso in the process.
Eagle Fang was designed as a way to avoid the toxic fanaticism in Cobra Kai. With the training still demanding there was more attention to defensive tactics, honor and ethics. It also seemed the way of training was more geared to specifically counter the aggressive style of Cobra Kai. After merging with Miyagi-Do, their philosophies are combined in order to help defeat Cobra Kai in the tournament.
List of Students
- Miguel Diaz
- Hawk (Part of both Eagle Fang and Miyagi-Do Karate)
- Three Unnamed Former Cobra Kai Students
- Miyagi-Do Students (Training partners)
- This is the second time Johnny and Miguel open up a dojo together. The first time was in Ace Degenerate.
- Hawk reunites with Johnny after he defects from Cobra Kai.
- The merge with Miyagi-Do helped the students rekindle their friendships with one another, particularly Hawk and Demetri, Chris and Mitch and Bert and Nate as all the duos had rivalries with one another when Johnny was still running Cobra Kai.