Samantha LaRusso (often called simply "Sam") is a main character in the first season of Cobra Kai. She is the daughter of Daniel LaRusso.
Fictional Character BiographyEdit
Samantha is the daughter of Daniel and Amanda LaRusso. At the age of 8, she was taught karate by her father, but it stopped. However, she retained her knowledge and skill based on how she was able to fend off Kyler at the movie theater and when she flipped Miguel on their date.
In her teenage years, she hangs out with the other rich, popular girls at her high school. Her relationship with her father is strained by his meddling in her potential romance with a fellow student named Kyler, but they reconcile after Samantha sees Kyler bully Miguel's friend group and subsequently ends their relationship. When Kyler begins spreading lies about her, Samantha is briefly friendless. Miguel eventually defends her and defeats Kyler's clique in a lunch room fight, after which he and Samantha begin dating. Samantha really likes Miguel but hides their relationship from her parents because her father disapproves of Cobra Kai. A series of assumptions and misunderstandings lead Miguel to believe that Samantha is ashamed of him and involved with Robby Keene. Between that and Robby's resentment over his father's (Johnny Lawrence) karate tutelage of Miguel, antagonism sparks between the two boys when they meet at a beach party. Samantha is upset with Miguel's behavior and breaks up with him. After a second confrontation with Miguel at the All-Valley Tournament, Samantha returns home and resumes her own karate training.
- Samantha LaRusso is somewhat compared to the following characters:
- Ali Mills - Both are broken up by their ex-boyfriends for a series of misunderstandings and conflicts and later gained their male friends in which would eventually lead into their relationship. Both also have shallow friends(In Ali's case, Barbara and Susan. In Sam's case, Yasmine and Moon).
- Daniel LaRusso - both are being trained in karate.
- Julie Pierce- Both are teenage girls being trained in karate. Both were taught karate by their fathers at a young age.
- It has not been stated whether Sam ever met Mr. Miyagi, but considering she was around 9-10 years old when he died and how close he and Daniel were, she more than likely did and would have been old enough to remember him.